If you or your association/club has a classified ad related to Illinois ice hockey, such as a job offering or help wanted, something for sale or wish to purchase, etc., just e-mail the AHAI Webmaster with the information!
Make sure you list the offering, price, if applicable, contact phone number and email address (Contact information must be supplied or the free classified ad will not be published).
Please let us know when the offering in the ad has been fulfilled so we can remove it from the website.
The service is free and hopefully will assist everyone.
Chicago North High School Hockey Head JV Coach
Chicago North High School Hockey Program is seeking a passionate and experienced hockey coach to lead our second JV team and continue to build on the success of our competitive program. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the game and be able to develop players both technically and tactically. The coach will also be responsible for organizing and conducting practices, as well as preparing the team for games. Opportunities to work with other teams and coaches throughout the season and off season. This is a paid position and a great opportunity to be involved with a top tier program. Typical schedule consists of 2 practices per week and 1 game per week.
Evaluate and select players for the upcoming season
Plan, organize, and conduct practices and attend regular season and tournament games
Provide positive, constructive feedback to players
Promote a positive and supportive team environment
Previous experience coaching or playing hockey
Strong understanding of the game
Ability to develop players fundamental skills and game situational skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Please submit your resume to the Hockey Director, Kevin Doell at the following email address: email@example.com
Marist Hockey Director/Head Varsity Coach Position
· Date Available: 07/20/2023
· Closing Date: 08/04/2023
The mission of the Marist RedHawks Hockey Club is to promote student development and establish a competitive interscholastic ice hockey program. Marist High School is in search of a new director and head coach committed to student development on and off the ice by instilling strong character and ethical traits. Simply put, Marist RedHawks Hockey is looking not only for a Director/Head Coach, we are looking for a Leader, Mentor, and Teacher to develop our players into positive, productive members of our community.
The expectations of our next leader are:
· Leadership - You will be the leader, mentor and teacher of a Chicago Catholic League Hockey Program, one of the most prestigious jobs in the Chicago Land Hockey Community. With that said, 100% commitment is required to the players and program.
· Year Round Commitment - In addition to the regular season, a robust spring and summer calendar of activities is expected.
· Selection of Staff - This includes selection and oversight of Assistant Coaches, and Coaching Staff.
· Competitive Schedule - Play 50 - 60 games including the Chicago Catholic Hockey League, Tournaments, and scrimmages. Our
expectation is to field a JV team in the ’23-’24 scholastic season as we build toward fielding a competitive Varsity and JV team
in future years
· Practices - The expectation is a competitive practice schedule.
· Game Video Critique - The Marist Hockey Club Utilizes the HUDL system. This system allows the Coach to review the games and
comment on plays for instructional purposes.
· Off-Ice - Oversight of a competitive Off Ice program
· Board/Fundraiser Meetings - Attend monthly meetings of the Hockey Board of Director and Fundraising Planning Committee.
For meeting these expectations Marist Hockey Club can provide the following:
· A Competitive Salary
· Unwavering Club Member Support
· School Administrative Support
· An active Board of Directors to assist you with needs
· Annual Fundraising effort
To apply: Resumes, cover letters, and references can be sent directly to Marist Athletic Director, Eric Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Loyola Academy Hockey Club has begun our search for a Maroon Varsity Head Coach for the 2023/24 season.
Our Maroon team is a member of the newly formed AHL, a new division within the SHL: the Academic Hockey League is comprised of select school’s second varsity teams, including Glenbrook South, Fenwick, New Trier White, Saint Ignatius, Saint Viator, Lake Forest and Loyola Maroon.
Maroon practices at Heartland Ice Arena in Lincolnwood, IL. They practice 3 days a week from 3:40pm to 5:10pm. Have 1 out of town tournament per season(MLK weekend) and host an in-town Thanksgiving Tournament.
The ideal Maroon coach will have the following qualifications:
- USA Hockey Level 3, or above coaching certification
- Positive background check
- Develop practice and game plans/video breakdown experience (iPad) a plus
- Must have strong communication skills and commitment to developing players
- Must be supportive of our student/athlete approach to academics and service
- Must have good character and be a positive role model
- Ability to work afternoon practices and weekend/evening games throughout the season
- Compensation commensurate with experience
For the right candidate, this is an opportunity for a long-term relationship with the Loyola Academy Hockey Club.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who might be, please contact.
LAHC Hockey Director,
DJ La Varre
email@example.com / 847-212-0404
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to serve as the JV High School Hockey Coach at Maine High School Hockey Association. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and coaching the Junior Varsity hockey team, helping players develop their skills, fostering a positive team environment, and promoting sportsmanship and teamwork. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated coach to make a significant impact on the development and growth of young athletes.
1. Coaching and Training:
o Plan, organize, and conduct regular practice sessions to improve individual player skills and team dynamics.
o Teach fundamental hockey skills, including skating, passing, shooting, and game strategies.
o Develop and implement practice plans that address both individual and team goals.
o Provide constructive feedback and guidance to players, helping them improve their performance.
o Foster a supportive and inclusive environment that encourages players to learn and grow.
2. Game Management:
o Lead the team during games, providing strategic guidance and making appropriate adjustments.
o Coordinate player positions and substitutions to maximize team performance.
o Encourage sportsmanship and fair play among players, promoting respect for opponents and officials.
o Maintain composure and professionalism in high-pressure situations.
3. Team Development:
o Promote team unity and positive relationships among players, emphasizing the importance of teamwork and collaboration.
o Mentor players on personal growth, self-discipline, and responsibility.
o Instill strong work ethic, dedication, and commitment in players.
o Create opportunities for team bonding activities and events.
o Establish effective lines of communication with players, parents, school administration, and other coaches.
o Provide regular updates and maintain open channels of communication regarding team performance and player progress.
o Collaborate with the varsity hockey coach to ensure continuity between the JV and varsity programs.
5. Safety and Compliance:
o Prioritize player safety, ensuring adherence to all safety guidelines and protocols.
o Ensure compliance, league, AHAI and USA Hockey association policies and regulations.
• 2+ years of previous coaching experience in hockey, preferably at the high school or Pee Wee and above youth level.
• Extensive knowledge of hockey rules, strategies, and skill development techniques.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire players.
• Patience, empathy, and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of athletes.
• Ability to manage time efficiently, balancing coaching responsibilities with other commitments.
• Level 3 USA hockey certified coach (or willingness to pursue progression)
• Knowledge of and commitment to promoting sportsmanship, fair play, and character development.
Compensation – Negotiable and Commensurate with experience and comparable to top tier Illinois High School Programs
Note: A background check and clearance in accordance with USA/AHAI requirements will be required for this position.
To apply for the role of JV High School Hockey Coach, please submit your coaching resume and any other relevant information to